Saturday, January 13, 2007

Alert Shirts


Over on the Touring List, Mike Bates mentioned some nice, high visibility wicking shirts. Right now I'm hunkered down in sub-freezing Issaquah with 6 inches of snow and ice still on the roads but I'll be ordering some of these high-vis shirts for my summer riding. Mike generously OK'd my reposting of his note and picture here.

Archive-URL: http://search.bikelist.org/getmsg.asp?Filename=touring.10701.0519.eml
From: "Mike Bates"
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:14:45 -0500
Subject: Re: touring clothes

The best deal in touring shirts by far are the "Moisture-Wick Performance Shirts" from www.alertshirt.com.

They are cut like regular t-shirts (not tight fitting) and are available in sizes from Small to 5XL. They are also available in ANSI safety lime or bright orange with no logos or advertising. Here's the best part; they cost $7.99 for size small through XL. 2XL through 5XL cost slightly more. At that price, they are disposable if they get stinky.

I have no connection to them other than a happy customer. You can see me modeling a sporty 3XL (Ha!) model in ANSI lime at mikeb.crazyguyonabike.com. I've had several comments from people I met on the road that they had NO trouble seeing me in those shirts.

Mike

_______________________________________________
Touring mailing list
Touring@phred.org
Browse and search the archives: http://search.bikelist.org
Unsubscribe or list settings:
http://www.phred.org/mailman/options/touring

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! Yeah, high visibility safety clothing is definitely important to have. In the city where I live riders get hit all the time at night because they don't wear it.