Saturday, December 09, 2006

Two Pictures from Friday Morning's Commute

I've never claimed to be much of a photographer, but I do live in a very pretty part of the world. And I've gotten into the habbit of carrying a very cheap Aiptek PenCam SD with me on pretty much every bike ride.

The picture above is the view looking east at Mercer Island with the Cascade Mountains in the background and the stream of cars coming over the floating bridge. The picture below is the view of Mount Rainier of to the south. I took both these shots at about 7:30 AM on Friday December 8th, 2006.

I often tell people that my commute is a part of my life that I really love. Some mornings I see the morning light as it just touches the Olympic Mountains. Sometimes in the dark I'll see deer or a coyote or a raccoon heading home. I've seen eagles soar on the air currents above Mercer Island drifting over multi-million dollar homes built by software and airplanes and expensive coffee. I see ribbons of light painted by thousands of my fellow commuters. Every day I roll by people looking at the world through windows and I'm happy that I'm on my bike.

1 comment:

MC Meat and Potatoes said...

Kent, I have been slacking lately on my commute. Any time I have a half way relevant reason to drive, I do. This post convinced me to get back to it.

Thanks,
Andy